Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:13:36 -0400

  Hi all,
This year AJL will be experimenting with a fun new venture - a
convention blog! Thanks to Ann Abrams and Heidi Estrin, we safranim will
have another avenue of communication and collaboration.

For those of you not familiar with "blogs" - this will be an online
bulletin board and discussion forum for anyone interested in the
convention (whether attending or not)  Check it out at:
http://jewishlibrariesconf06.blogspot.com/

I'll be posting my impressions of meetings, speakers, networking, food,
touring and anything else convention-related that comes up.

If you are not able to attend the convention, this should give you a
taste of what it's like and an opportunity to chime in on the
discussions.

If you are attending, I invite you to participate by:
1. being a 'regular' poster (e-mail me and I'll set you up)
2. being a one-time or occasion poster (e-mail a message to me and I'll
post it for you)
3. commenting on any of the posts, give different perspectives, start
discussions! (just click on the comment link on the blog and enter your
comments)

To get us started - I would love it if the Boston locals or Boston fans
would give ideas to those of us coming into the area on fun places to
tour, eat, hike, shop etc.

If you would like to get the blog in the comfort of your own e-mail
system - you can subscribe to it.  Look at the bottom of the right
column of the blog for instructions.

Kol tuv!

Sheryl

Sheryl F. Stahl
Associate Librarian
Frances-Henry Library
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
3077 University Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(213) 765-2127
[EMAIL PROTECTED]