Hevral

I've compiled a list of LC Classification  changes of interest to
Judaica collections.  If the spacing does not come out looking nice
on HaSafran, I can send you a Word document.

  Compiled from LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CLASSIFICATION WEEKLY LIST  Jan  -July 2011

Philosophy (General)

Medieval (430-1450)

Jewish philosophers

Individual philosophers

B759.I257-.I2574                    Ibn Kamm nah, Sa'd ibn Man r,
13th cent. TABLE B-BJ5

Judaism

History

By region or country

Asia

Southern Asia

[BM420.5-.7]   Singapore

  BM420.5                   General works

  BM420.6.A-Z            By political division, A-Z

  BM420.7.A-Z            By city, A-Z

                                                Subarrange each city
by Table BM2

Sources

Rabbinical literature

Special topics, A-Z

BM496.9.D56             Dinners and dining

Jerusalem.

[BM496.9.J4]              For the Temple of Jerusalem see BM496.9.T46

BM496.9.S65              Solomon, King of Israel

BM496.9.T46              Temple of Jerusalem

BM496.9.S36              Samson (Biblical judge)

Cabala.

BM525.A7-Z               Modern Cabalistic works. By author, A-Z

                                    e.g. CANCEL

Practical Judaism

Liturgy and ritual

Special liturgical books

Other liturgical books, A-Z

BM675.B49                 Birkat ha-minim. TABLE BM7

Other special topics, A-Z

BM729.I36                  Idolatry
BM729.S76                 Space

  The Bible

General

Works about the Bible

Men, women, and children of the Bible

Biography

Individual Old Testament characters, A-Z

BS580.M38                             Mattathias (Jewish priest)

BS580.A26                              Abimelech

Old Testament

Special parts of the Old Testament

Poetical books. Old Testament lyrics. Songs, hymns, etc.

  Psalms

BS1450                         Special Psalms. By number

                                                Subarrange by editor
or date CANCEL

                                                Subarrange texts by
date; subarrange criticism by author and date

History of Asia

                           Israel (Palestine). The Jews

                           Regions, towns, etc., A-Z

DS110.R36             Ramalah