> On Jun 7, 2016, at 1:44 PM, Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That gonna be very helpful, but I guess it only works on trunk, correct? At
> least many of the parameters you mentioned are not in create-release.sh of
> branch-2.

        Yup.  create-release was rewritten in trunk.  The previous version had
some interesting race conditions and other problems that made any releases
built from it highly suspect.  (never mind the whole 'against ASF policy'
problem when run on Jenkins)

> We may need to make a decision for this in branch-2. Honestly, I have
> little understanding about shell script related stuffs, if I cannot get
> help about fixing create-release.sh, I would prefer to revert both of
> HADOOP-12022/HADOOP-11792 from branch-2/branch-2.8 and adding CHANGES.txt
> manually.
>
> Would like to hear your thoughts.

        I'm not the one who cherry-picked them into branch-2, so I don't care
either way.  I've been extremely open about targeting my code for the past
three years for trunk. With few exceptions, I generally only commit code I
write or even review to branch-2 if someone practically begs me.  That branch
needs to die.  Given my current situation, I'm certainly not going to spend any
unpaid time on it.