From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <pccl...@listserv.loc.gov> on behalf
of Frank, Paul <pfr...@loc.gov>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 4:37 AM
To: pccl...@listserv.loc.gov
Subject: [PCCLIST] PCC Guidelines for the Application of Relationship
Designators in NACO Authority Records

[Sending to PCC, BIBCO, CONSER lists]

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

I am happy to start 2019 with the posting of the PCC Guidelines for the
Application of Relationship Designators in NACO Authority
Records<http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/PCC%20RDA%20guidelines/PCC%20SCS%20SCT%20Relationship%20Designators%20in%20NACO%20Authority%20Records-2018-11.docx>
 to the NACO home page<http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/naco/index.html>, and to the
PCC Post RDA Implementation Guidelines and Standard
page<http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/PCC%20RDA%20guidelines/Post-RDA-Implementation-Guidelines.html>.

The guidelines were created by the Joint PCC Standing Committee on Standards and

Standing Committee on Training Task Group on Guidelines for Relationship
Designators in Authority Records. The task group members were: Bob Maxwell
(chair), Chiat Naun Chew, Kelley McGrath, George Prager, Isabel Quintana, and
Adam Schiff.

The task group has created a set of very useful and well-considered guidelines
that can be applied in our current cataloging environment. Our cataloging
environment is changing rapidly, though, so I am looking forward to the time
when these guidelines can be expanded and enhanced to accommodate the changing
environment.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Frank