I need some info on obtaining controls for my immunoflourescence stains. I work
in a derm lab, just opened. I just did?IF on a skin punch IgA, IgG, IgM and C3.
In the past I used positive patient skins for controls for everything except
when I needed to run fibrinogen, I used kidney tissue for control.? I was
instructed to use tonsil for the IgA, IgM and IgG this time. I have never used
tonsil before. Has anyone else? The doctor didn't think the tonsil reacted as
positively as it should. What are you all using for controls for the panel I
just listed? Obviously obtaining control tissue is difficult, especially in a
start up lab. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jodi