From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hayes, Randi
(R1SE)
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:58 AM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Best IHC Stainer

A stainer is only as good as its antibodies.  We've been less than impressed
with the quality of Cell Marque antibodies as well as their customer service.
Contact me if you want specifics.  What I would suggest is when looking for
"the best", look for the antibodies that rank the most robust on external EQA
surveys (UK Nequas, NordiQC as
examples) and go with a system that gives you the flexibility (within
reasonable cost) to use the most reliable antibodies. We are Ventana XT users
and have been for over 5 years.  It provides good staining but with little
flexibility to use other vendors antibodies unless you want to completely blow
your budget.  This forces you to use Cell Marque products and I've already
shared my opinion on that.

Randi Hayes

Histology Supervisor
The Moncton Hospital
Regional Health Authority B
Moncton, NB

randi.ha...@serha.ca

----- SERHA Disclaimer -----

This electronic transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
privileged
or confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or
organization
named above. Any distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the
contents of
this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.

If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender at
the above
e-mail address and delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you.

Cette communication électronique et toute pièce jointe peuvent contenir de
l'information
de nature privilégiée ou confidentielle et sont strictement réservées à l'usage
du
destinataire visé et identifié ci-dessus. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
visé, prenez
avis que toute distribution, reproduction ou mesure fondée sur l'information
qui y est
contenue est EXPRESSÉMENT INTERDITE.

Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez en aviser
immédiatement
l'expéditeur par courriel (à l'adresse électronique mentionnée ci-dessus) et
supprimer le