I’m trying to find out more information about Movat saffron-straining collagen
as it relates to collagen maturation/cross-linking.  Does anybody know whether
more aligned or more cross-linked collagen will pick up more saffron in a Movat
pentachrome stain?  (We mostly are dealing with collagen type I in our Movats).
 I have also been trying to find out more about the mechanism of
saffron-staining binding to collagen fibers in the context of the Movat
pentachrome stain.  If anyone has any information on these topics, it would be
much appreciated.  Thank you!!

Elizabeth