We are using DAKO's ready-to-use GFAP antibody on our bovine tissue and using
Envision+ HRP Rabbit detection system.  When using this antibody we see a brown
color on the slide itself.  The staining was intense and quite uneven.  We have
diluted the anitbody to 1:10 but there is still the brown slide.  The staining
is not quite as uneven but appears more washed out.  We don't see this with any
of our other antibodies we are using and our no primary controls for GFAP are
clean.  Any advice or explanations for the slides picking up the brown color or
improving GFAP IHC on bovine tissue?
Thanks

Nancy Herman
CFIA Lethbridge Laboratory