I have gotten many great responses.  However, I just want to make a few
clarifications based on those responses.  All of these specimens are taken at
one time.  This surgeon is not going back at a later date and taking these
margins.  Generally the cases are recieved as follows:  sentinel nodes,
lumpectomy, additional anterior, superior, medial, lateral, deep margins.  90%
of the time we do an gross assessment of the margins for the lumpectomy then
the additional margins follow.
Thanks
Allison