With all due respect and regard that should be afforded to the indisputable
value of experience ( in time spans of 10 years or more), I would add that I do
not see how this could be exchanged for  academics.To me they are different
animals- both adding something to the knowledge base of the person ( and
speaking from my perspective of having both under my belt),  and from my
experience they are beneficial and useful to me, though in very different ways
and different situations. I do not have the routes in front of me, and don't
spend the time reviewing them that I formerly did, since I am not teaching at
the moment, but I do not recall any experience level for any route stipulating
10 years?

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP