Good morning!

We are having a lot of trouble with one of our Microm 355S microtomes.  It
advances forward at random times so that it ends up chunking into the block.
The first time we had a repair person in, he was skeptical that it was moving
on its own - until it did it to him!  Since then, we have had a repair people
in several times (under service contract, thank goodness).  One told me that
random block advancement is a common problem with this model.  He also said
that it is very difficult to find the cause and is therefore very hard fix it.
We've replaced fuses, circuit boards...  and it's still doing it.  Has anyone
else seen this problem and if so how did they fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Erin

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor
UCSF Department of Dermatopathology