Hi everyone,

I am having trouble cutting frozen sections from visceral fat. I have never cut
only fat before. I am also cutting liver sections and they are perfect, but
when I try to cut the fat it is not working.
The temperature of the cryostat is ( -20) degree Celsius.
I wonder if anyone has ever done this. I was thinking that if I lower the
temperature or fix the fat with formol-calcium I may have success.

Iliana Dimitrova, MSc, RT
Histology Supervisor
Room 2808
Medical Education and Laboratory Support Services (MELSS)
Faculty of Medicine
Memorial University
St. John's, NL

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2011.php