Histonetters, our lab processes tendon tissue. After processing, embedding and
at the microtome, the specimen tends to be hard (possible calcification) like
bone.  We get decent sections but not the best, consistently. To help get the
decent sections, we soak longer than regular tissues (almost like the
endoscopic tissues), and we do some surface decalcifying.

Besides these two techniques, are there are other methods for obtaining optimum
sections (I.e. full face and complete), e.g. processing protocol, soak in
another reagent etc.?

Ian R. Bernard
Ian R. Bernard, MSHA, HT (ASCP)
10th Medical Group- Anatomic Pathology Lab
USAF Academy, CO 80840