We tried them but they have a tendency to warp and you will not get a flat
surface for cutting.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of WILLIAM DESALVO
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:04 PM
To: Myers, Karyn; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Re-use of plastic embedding molds

We tried using the disposable molds and they work for reusing  2-3 times(
cracks started after just a few uses), but we found the cost much higher that
using the metal molds and cleaning.

William DeSalvo, BS HTL(ASCP)
Production Manager-Anatomic Pathology
Chair, NSH Quality Management Committee
Owner/Consultant, Collaborative Advantage Consulting