Hi All,
What is the error rate set by you or your employer for paraffin sectioning?

These are slides that are found to be unacceptable due to wrinkling, folding
etc either by a pathologist or another reviewer.

I was found to have 6 slides out of approx 1500 that I have sectioned to date
to be unacceptable.  I only perform this duty when I have completed all of my
other work so this is not one of my regular duties.   At times I have gone
several months without sectioning and utilize a microtome that is approx. 26
years old.

Since this was brought to my attention I have been given more up to date
equipment which I have yet to utilize.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Patricia Zerfas