Hi there,

we are having problems trying to cut some embedded samples (they crumble in the bath and the few cuts we manage to get into HE are crap). These are formalin fixed samples (bovine foetal and placenta samples) which went straight from formlin into 100º ethanol for the dehydration before clearing. I was wondering if such drastic dehydration step (no 60º, 70º or 90º ethanol before the 100º) could have damage the tissue. Has anyone have a similar issue before? do you think the samples are ruined for histology?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Julio
Instituto de Ganaderia de Montaña