Hi there,

thank you all very much for your comments and protocols on the PAS-diastase. Although funny thing that cheaper option, I think I stick to the Sigma enzyme first.

Update on the formalin "crystals". It is actually, as you suggested, white granular precipitate. There was so much of it that it formed some big "crusts" (which led me to think about crystals when looking trough the bottle...). The formalin was aqueous solution (stabilised with 10% methanol). I have tried to depolymerize it heating it with a couple of NaOH2 beads but to no success. Thank you very much for your comments.

Regards

Julio