> When the engine allocates memory, it checks the consistency of memory that
> has been previously allocated and freed.  For each block of memory, there
is
> a size associated with it.  Ideally, the address of the beginning of the
> block of memory + the size of the memory should equal the address of the
> next block of memory.  This error occurs when this isn't so.

Oh, P.S., I forgot to mention that this can be found in the Quake I source
code that is freely available from ftp.idsoftware.com

It is helpful many times to grep through the Quake I source code since there
is still quite a bit of Quake I source left in the Half-Life engine.  :)

Jeffrey "botman" Broome