Sebastian Steinlechner wrote:
> Actually, this advisory isn't researched to the end. The main problem
> lies in cl_dll's text_message.cpp. Looking at
> CHudTextMessage::MsgFunc_TextMsg() it's clear to see that there are
> MANY potential buffer overflows. e.g., READ_STRING is able to return
> a char array as long as 2048 chars, however, MsgFunc_TextMsg() does
> only declare an array of 128 chars, where the string returned by
> READ_STRING is copied into via strcpy without any checks.

And ? What can be done if a buffer overflows ? It's perhaps a basic
question, but I really don't know anything about *hacking*. And I'm sure I'm
not the only one there :)

Well, explain it only if it can't give enough info about making hack for HL
!

      - Cortex : HL ALBATOR coder & mapper
      - [EMAIL PROTECTED] & ICQ : 71548738