On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:12:18 +0200, Rockefeller
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Its called limitations of 32bit archetecture.
>
>You can encode 8 combinations within 3 bits. And a model with 8
>combinations works.
>
>But with 4 heads, 2 main bodies, 4 extensions ( == 32 possible
>combinations, 5 bit encoded) you are FAR from any int, byte or whatever
>limit, and that does NOT work.
>So i guess it's not an 32 bit architecture limitation. :)
>
>body seems to be a byte in the engine, for StudioModelRenderer sets it
>to 255 for MP hires models.
>I commented out that line, added a debug output, and that shows that the
>value set in the server dll gets to StudioModelRenderer correctly.
>
>I'm quite sure that this is an engine limitation or bug...

I don't remember off the top of my head how it's encoded or if there
is a hard limit in the engine, but you might try fiddling with
delta.lst.  It looks like the default is to send to the client 8 bits
for body.  Increasing that might solve your problem.  If not, you're
probably out of luck.