From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Fletcher
Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:17 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
(hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com); Half-Life dedicated Win32 server
mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [hlds] TF MvM hosting questions

OK, a little investigating reveals that this statement I made:

* You can switch the server in and out of any matchmaking mode pool or back
to any regular game mode at any time.

Is not really accurate!  Sorry!  If the server is EMPTY or has fewer than 6
players, yes, there are no problems with switching --- that is true.
However, in general, switching from PvP to MvM is going to cause several
problems.  (I believe that what would actually happen is that the 7th, 8th,
etc. players who connect on a map change will be forced into spectator.  At
any rate, we don't officially support that, so if you do it, you're on your
own.)  So, you should expect to segregate your servers into MvM and PvP.
Don't just put the MvM maps into the mapcycle file, that won't work.
(Actually, the mapcycle file is slightly different for MvM because you
really are cycling through missions, not the maps.  Likewise, players can
vote to change the "mission" even if it's on the current map.  We'll have
more details on all this tomorrow.)