Hi Carlos,
  the error of compiling pvQtView.cpp:
  "build/pvQtView.o: In function `pvQtView::OGLok(char const*)':
   pvQtView.cpp:(.text+0x1c1f): undefined reference to `gluErrorString'"

is because Panini doesn't link with libGLU.so (gluErrorString is
defined in this library)

  So the solution is to add the libGLU linkage in Makefile.Debug and
Makefile.Release.

  For example, in Makefile.Release:
  change line 18: LIBS          = $(SUBLIBS)
-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui
-lQtCore -lGL -lpthread
  to: LIBS          = $(SUBLIBS)  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore -lGL -lGLU -lpthread
-lz

2012/8/13 Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola) <cartol...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled Panini 0.71.104 on Ubuntu 12.04. For those who does't know,
> this is a very good visualizer for many projections, like equirectangular,
> cube faces and many others. As it was not an obvious task I decided to share
> the final recipe at the internet.
>
> In English:
> http://www.cartola.org/cartola/index.php?title=Installing_Panini
>
> In Portuguese (Brazilian):
> http://www.cartola.org/cartola/index.php?title=Instalando_o_Panini
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
> http://cartola.org/360
> http://www.panoforum.com.br/
> Gnugraf 2012 - 17 e 18 de agosto, CEFET MaracanĂ£, Rio de Janeiro

Yili Zhao