When you used Mark's solution, how did you code >//SMFDUMP PROC
MAN='X',ALL=FALSE
The X= part?  This process requires the fully qualified MAN file to be
dumped.

You should have started the ALL process something like

S SMFDUMP,MAN='SYS1.MANx',ALL=TRUE
Where MAN is your fully qualified man file.

Is that what you did?  If it is, please show us the JCL output from the
failed process.

Lizette