Do you know about the -s: parameter on the Microsoft supplied Windows FTP
client you use in the MS/DOS prompt?   Below is a BAT file I call FTPPUTX that
I use to send TSO XMIT files to the mainframe.  You could use the technique of
putting the FTP commends in the passed file in whatever way you like.  The
hostname and userid fields are set to the host and my userid in the file
FTPPUTX.BAT and it's called like FTPPUTX xmit.file password

@echo off
echo open hostname>t
echo user userid %2>>t
echo cd spftemp1>>t
echo binary>>t
echo quote site lrecl=80 blksize=3120 recfm=fb>>t
echo quote site pri=100 sec=100 tracks>>t
echo put %1>>t
echo quit>>t
ftp -n -s:t
del t