>> 4. Isthere anything from a security or performance standpoint
>> we should
>> consider - any danger in application teams updating the
>> library with CICS
>> region changes, for example?

We don't keep "jobs" in our started job library, we just put JOBCARDs in there
and execute the same PROCs we always did.  JOBCARDs for CICS regions
was the first / primary reason we implemented it all those years ago.

One of the nicest features is being able to add a jobcard for things like INIT
and BPXAS so the output goes to a JES2 dummy class even though the STC
default is for a different class.

For example:

//INIT     JOB 'INIT',MSGLEVEL=(0,0),MSGCLASS=Z
//INIT     EXEC PROC=INIT

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net