Hi to all on IBM-MAIN!

Do you perhaps know of something which could be used as a type of 'dashboard'
system which is used to monitor running/not running of z/OS system(s)
themselves, STCs, applications, networks, etc?

It is meant to be used by management and call centre staff.

Something like a 'heartbeat' monitor. Are these STC, JES2, TCP/IP, etc. hearts
beating and running?

Something like this:

System A - Up (JES2 up).
TCP/IP stack - up - successfull ping of Host address + port.
TELNET - ping address and port.
Polling of system application INSIDE these middleware like DB/2, CICS,
Com-Plete, etc?
Network A - running and reachable.
etc.

I remember that a major bank has a 'red-eye' led display, but apparently the
lines had to be manually entered so that thing shows like this:

'A - UP'
'B - DOWN - ESTIMATE UPTIME 08:00'
'C - SCHEDULED DOWN-TIME <time>-<time>'

We need something to do this automagically...

I have researched the internet, but got many hits showing [dashboard] software
displaying 'key point indicators' and lots of non-z/Os details.

We have something reporting on previous day and previous month availability,
CPU usage, uptime, Network uptime, etc. but nothing to show the status as they
are NOW.

Or perhaps we have it, but are extremely ignorant! :-D

Any pointers, links, books, tutorial, open software, etc will be appreciated
much!

Was this ever discussed here on IBM-MAIN or somewhere else?

Am I out of luck or am I *really* out of luck? :-D

TIA!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht