Here is an idea:  How about the message to the operator has reply
value of ACK or ENTER.
ACK would stand for acknowledge that you need a new key.
ENTER would start a dialog to enter a new key.
Reply with a 800 number to call and a customer number for the company.
When the operator calls, you look them up and give them a license key
for the new machine.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA