On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:01 -0400, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
> Is there a way to strip column 1 from reports, SYSOUT, output from
> ICETOOL, RACFRW, etc?

I think I understand your requirement, but don't have a solution.
Sorry!  But may I comment on your assertion?

> As it is now, the method of specifying the ISO/ANSI/FIPS control
> characters (' ', '0', '-', '+', '1') [1] is not really used much these
> days.

We use ANSI carriage control for everything, always have, and never
bought into IPDS.  VPS (and I guess MacKinney) makes it pretty easy to
conditionally pre-pend printer controls to your datastream in an
application-independent way, which satisfies most of our form-and-flash
requirements.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda & Sons, Inc.