Meganen Naidoo - BCX - Data Centre Services wrote:

Hi All,
We have recently purchased an ATL3584 with 3592-E05 drives and have installed
all relevant '3592DEVICE' put-bucket fixes - quite a few.
The Robot comes online but when we vary the devices online we get the following
message:

V 300,ONLINE IEE103I UNIT 0300 NOT BROUGHT ONLINE 508 IEE763I NAME= IECTDSRV CODE= 0000000800000000 IEA435I PHYSICAL DEVICE INCONSISTENT WITH LOGICAL DEFINITION 3592-2 DRIVE DETECTED BUT NOT ALL 3592-2 SUPPORT IS PRESENT IEE764I END OF IEE103I RELATED MESSAGES
In HCD we have defined the drives as 3590 as per the REDBOOK (IBM TotalStorage
3584 Tape Library for Zseries: Planning and Implementation).

Simply your system level is new enough to recognize new drives, but not enough to support it. Been there with 3592-J1A (previous Jaguar model). In fact process called SAPR (System Assurance Policy Review) should include pointing you at required system level.

In other words, you need PTFs.
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland