From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Rawlins
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 6:15 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: UNIT NOT JES3 Dataset attributes change upon open

What does "UNIT NOT JES3" say about dataset allocation and formatting?

I am trying to understand why a started-task seems to change the
attributes of a dataset when it opens.

The dataset is allocated:

    SPACE=(CYL,(3,1),RLSE),
    DCB=(LRECL=0,DSORG=PS,RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32000)

But when the program opens, it seems to change to:

        Organization  . . . :   PS
        Record format . . . :   FB
        Record length . . . :   80
        Block size  . . . . :   6080

Could the following message on the job's output have anything to do with
the case?

10:43:23 IAT4401  LOCATE FOR STEP=xx  DD=ddname DSN=dsn-name
10:43:23 IAT4402 UNIT=3390    ,VOL(S)  N/A: UNIT NOT JES3

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html