From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rajeev Vasudevan
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: mainframe acces using shared id

Hello,

  We have an issue in one our project. The project is deveopled to see
who are using the system using the shared mainframe id.

  scenario.

  1. There are some users who logon to the mainframe using the sharedid
and common password and do some inquiry going to the cics region.  To
see who are using the sysytem in this way ,we have developed a new
screen and where the shared users will be entering their individual id &
individual password , then only the system will allow to enter to the
application in the cics region.

  Problem:

  The problem here is that say suppose the user 1 using the shared id
and common passord login from terminal 1 and after some time while this
user is logged in , say a user 2 is logging in teminal 2 using the
shared id and common password , the other user will be automatically
kicked out, but still the online cics region will be active & for the
2'nd user the cics region will not ask their individual password and the
new screen will not be thrown.

  Here there is a security issue/flaw involved. we need to control this
and this loophole in the design has to be tackled. could some one give
us suggestion how to take this?

  Thanks,
  Raj

 in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.