On Aug 8, 2007, at 4:08 PM, McKown, John wrote:
------------------SNIP-------------------------

However, if CA in all good faith truly believes (for whatever reason)
that Rocket Software has improperly acquired their source code, then
they must do something. For all we know, CA __may__ have approached
Rocket before this and was not satisfied with the response.

Then, again, companies have been know to initiate lawsuits simply to
intidate competitors. I don't know if this lawsuit is of that sort or
not. There is no way for anybody here to actually know other than the
people actually involved. And discussion by them is very unlikely.
Courts generally don't like that sort of thing.

John,

I agree with you about the possibility of intimidation. I personally am aware of one such attempt by a salesman (I don't know if it was a corporate thing or not). Lets wait and see where the dust settles before taking sides. Although to be honest I would believe Rocket Software over CA any day.

Ed (who has no sympathy for CA)

Ref: SCO vs. IBM

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential. It is for intended addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.