---------------------<snip>-----------------------

You might not want to hear this - America is the most litigious country on the planet.

I gave a talk to the Theosophical Society on Beliefs, and why America is at is is. It is only 3 pages, and you might find it fascinating to read. I lived in the US for quite a few years in the 70's, and met some really fantastic people (especially at Amoco in Chicago, where I spent quite some time). However, companies now dominate us all, and it is only going to get worse, unless we say enough is enough, and start to act like humans to evolve ourselves, our planet and have fun doing so, rather than rape and pillage the planet, and treat each other so dreadfully.

See part of the talk here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~oscarptyltd/AmericanBeliefsWeb.html

Clem, the name of the game is "Money and Power". The modern American Golden Rule is "Whoever has the gold makes the rules". It's a very sad commentary on societal values today, but it seems to be the truth, with only a few, very rare, exceptions. One needs only look at the American press for examples. There are 20+ shooting events in the Olympics; how many papers or other press outlets even report the scores? The politicians and the press are doing their best to lead the public (read "unknowing sheep") and thus consolidate power in a few rich hands.