On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 15:36 +0100, Leist, Martin wrote:

> Another [small] mainframe has bitten the dust.
>
> Our MP3000 had been running OS/390 2.10 for the last few years but today
> has been shutdown

I wonder how many of these things are laying around unloved and
unwanted. We've got one sitting in the corner of the office - hasn't
been powered on in a while.

It was capable of running up to z/OS 1.5 - no DB2 V8 was the death of it
tho'.
I even tried to get Linux running on it, but gave up in frustration.

Shane ...