We let them have at it, but protect the system.

They can request what they want. IEFUSI will protect a preset amount of
storage for system use (LSQA, etc.) and also protect the user against a
"give me all" getmain.

If they abuse the issue, we will start seeing paging or aux storage
shortages. Automation detects this with messages and uses PUAUXMON to
determine the large users and kills them. This will, and has, hit
production as well as test. If it is ever a valid usage, then we will
have to allow for it without killing the system. All occurrences so far
have been bugs, even in vendor code.

Dennis Roach
GHG Corporation
Lockheed Martin Mission Services
Flight Design and Operations Contract
Address:
   2100 Space Park Drive
   LM-15-4BH
   Houston, Texas 77058
Mail:
   P.O. Box 58487
   Mail Code H4C
   Houston, Texas 77258
Phone:
   Voice:  (281)336-5027
   Cell:   (713)591-1059
   Fax:    (281)336-5410
E-Mail:  dennis.ro...@lmco.com

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer
or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any
other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or
manufactured, since the beginning of time.