On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:18:42 +0200, Itschak Mugzach <imugz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Idcams skip & Count...

I don't think that would word in this case.

1) the OP wants CEIL(n/100000) output files, where "n" is the number of
input records, which is not known beforehand. He stated that empty output
files were unacceptable.

2) If you did know the exact number of output files, you'd need that many
control cards in your IDCAMS input stream. Each REPRO would "stand alone".
By that, I mean each SKIP would reread all the previous read input records.
This could be I/O intensive and redundant.

===

Actually, since COBOL now supports dynamic allocation of output files, it
could likely be used to perform this function more efficiently than REXX.
Not many COBOL programmer use this functionality, but it is now "standard".

--
John