On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:18:48 -0400, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> wrote:

>In the long term, of course, RACF will surely change to allow phrases
>to be as short as anyone likes, subject only to installation control,
>and passwords to be optional, and then we'll have by a very long and
>roundabout route what everyone wanted in the first place: z/OS support
>for long passwords.

I sincerely doubt RACF will ever allow passwords shorter than 9. They are too
weak, unless the site has a new password phrase exit to apply some rules
regarding allowable character content.

It probably will someday allow a z/OS user to have a password phrase but no
password. RACF on z/VM already allows that, and did from the beginning of its
password phrase support if I remember correctly.

--
Walt