From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Screen capture (was: ... Reflection Desktop ... )

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:36:23 -0500, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>We have Reflections.  I do not know how to print multiple screens, but I know
>it can capture multiple screens.
>We have a tool from TechSmith called Snagit.  I use that in place of screen
>capture processes.

Wnenever I've been in any sort of support function, even just answering casual
questions, I've found screen captures in image format irritating.
I can't Copy/Paste the failing command and try it myself to reproduce the
problem; I must retype it by eyeball.  (Nor can I attach it to LISTSERV.)

I much prefer text.

x3270 has a "save single/multiple screens as text/HTML/Rich Text (also bitmap)."
HTML from x3270 is excellent -- full color and selectable text.  Hummingbird
has similar, but the default is image.

-- gil