In article <7157494272622550.wa.nitzibmgmx....@listserv.ua.edu> you wrote:
> >We don't document internal abend codes as the vast majority will
> >(hopefully) never be seen. They can change from release to release
> >and even at a maintenance release. They're used when the program
> >can't continue to run for some reason. Usually, they are accompanied
> >by a message to the SAS log, but not always. The expected result is
> >that the customer will open a problem ticket. Sometimes, just the
> >abend code and a description of the job will be enough to shoot the
> >bug, but sometimes a dump is required.
> >
> >For u1335, you should have seen 'Free buffer overwritten.' in the
> >log. It just means that our internal heap has been corrupted. We
> >look for an eyecatcher on the linked-list of free blocks and if
> >it's not there, abend.
> Thanks Don,
> yes, we had that 'free buffer overwritten' in the log. Which is why I really
> don't understand the relation to the RACF question (and the SAS admins also
> don't understand it). And yes, the default group for all the users has a GID
> (and an OMVS segment).
> Should we send the huge sysudump to SAS that got written? Apparently all the
> jobs (both in prod and in AD) are doing similar things, and the exact same
> job runs 'after sunset'.
> Barbara

I'm not in tech support, so I can't say why they asked about OMVS. If
they ask for a dump, they're probably going to ask for a SYSMDUMP
rather than SYSUDUMP as we have tools that can inspect internal
control blocks and such with IPCS. 'after sunset' is a new one on
me. With the days getting shorter, your batch window is closing fast.
:) (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513