You could use the Co:Z Launcher, which works over a secure SSH connection
to distribute work between z/OS batch jobs and processing on a remote
server to this kind of ETL work.

For example:

//COZCB2  JOB (),'COZ'
//STEP1   EXEC PROC=COZPROC,
//        ARGS='my...@linux1.myco.com'
//INPUT   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=MY.DSN
//STDIN   DD *
# this is a shell script that runs on the remote server
fromdsn //DD:INPUT | *some-transform-program*  >  result-file
//

Of course, it is easy with Unix pipes to run the data through several
transforms before (or never) hitting a target file.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

PS> The Co:Z Toolkit is available free under our Community License.
Commercial license and support agreements are also available.