Are you doing something like:

CP LINK TCPMAINT 592 592 RR
ACCESS 592 C

If you try to "attach" 592, I can believe you would be getting that error.
ATTACH is for real devices for CP and ACCESS is for CMS disks.   If you
post the commands and errors you are getting, that would help us nail it
down for you.

_______________________________________
James Vincent
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Technology Infrastructure Engineering
Mainframe, z/VM and z/Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-25-02
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5547    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                   Larry Macioce
                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   ES.LIQUOR.STA                                      From
                   TE.OH.US>             Larry Macioce
                                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   Sent by: The          S>
                   IBM z/VM                                             To
                   Operating             IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
                   System                                               cc
                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   RV.UARK.EDU>                                    Subject
                                         Trying to ftp a file from
                                         operatns

                   03/17/2006
                   07:18 AM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   The IBM z/VM
                   Operating
                   System
                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   RV.UARK.EDU>

I know I need to get acces to tcpmaint I have tried to link to the 592 disk

and then att to that disk  but I'm getting a msg that 592 doesn't exist
help
thanks
Larry