On Friday, 03/17/2006 at 12:57 GMT, "HARROP, Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Some time ago, our network people changed the address of their mail
> server.
>
> I duly changed all references that I could find in the VM system to
> point to the new address.
>
> Now VM's SMTP recognises the new IPMAILER address and sends mail
> destined for the real Outside World to the correct place (and such mail
> gets delivered), it continues sending inter-company mail to the old
> external server.
>
> I've obviously missed a reference - but can't see where.
>
> I've been through all the 191 disks and SFS directories that are defined
> to the SMTP and TCPIP machines (as well as, in desperation) FTPSERVE,
> NAMESERV, etc, etc but can find no reference (except one that's
> commented out) to the old mailserver.
>
> Can anyone suggest where I might look now?  Please!!

SMTP only has one configuration statement for mail relays:
IPMAILERADDRESS.  Remember that IPMAILERADDRESS is only used when the
target hostname cannot be resolved via DNS.  Addresses that *can* be
resolved are sent directly by SMTP, without regard as to whether or not
the target host is actually in your network.

When SMTP starts, the server configuration is displayed.  Look for "ip
mailer address" in the console log.