From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hughes, Jim - OIT
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: ZVM under ZVM and data center consolidation

We are consolidating two data centers. Both data centers run ZVM and
VSE/ESA. I happen to be at the "home" data center with the hardware and
the host zvm system.

The data center being relocated is keeping its network infrastructure,
its operator staff, a few tape drives, and its users where they sit
today.

The data center being located wants its own ZVM under ZVM system.
Technically I don't agree. On the other hand, maybe it' not a technical
issue. If it's not a technical issue, what business reasons exist to
support running a ZVM under ZVM environment?

I'm sure there are others who have faced this dilemma in the past. How
did you resolve it?

I'd like to hear technical reasons why it's a bad idea to run ZVM under
ZVM in production or why it's a good idea. Business reasons pro and con
are welcome as well.

The facts need to speak for themselves, not emotions.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
Jim Hughes
"Impossible is just an opinion."

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/