I am using Eudora. I don't know what's running on the mail servers, but that is a possibility. There is some kind of anti-spam filtering going on such that if a piece of mail is judged to be "almost certainly" spam and I don't have any idea regarding the criterion. If it "may" be spam but doesn't trigger the filter, you are shown the ratings. I think that all of the IBMVM shows some ratings. Perhaps "IBMVM" is more likely to indicate spam than "VMESA-L". I'm still seeing some stuff that I don't need in the headings that I didn't see on VMESA-L and I don't really need. What I'm referring to are these lines:

It's good information, but is not needed for every posting. I did change my subscription heading to SHORT but maybe it takes a certain time to be in effect.
Jim