On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:13:52 -0500, Steve Gentry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
> The 2074 has the AWSOMA module which is used with the CD player and CD'
>in the correct format.
>Finally, the question:  Can a tape device be defined on the 2074, like i
>was on the above three mentioned boxes?
>I used to do this on the MP3K.  It wasn't the fastest thing but it made
>life easier for me more than once.
<snip>

FSI's FLEXCUB product can provide not only console support in a similar
manner to a 2074, but also writeable emulated tape devices as well as
read-only for OMA/2 format CD's.  It ESCON attaches to any CMOS mainframe
.
--
Gary Eheman
Fundamental Software, Inc.