Title: performance question
Tom,
although I couldn't open the stuff you tried to provide in your append, the data
you sent me by separate mail gave me the required information to tell what's wrong:

- Your RESET specifications are fine. This is evidenced by the report headers
  From 2006/04/25 00:14:00
  To   2006/04/26 00:00:00
  For  85560 Secs 23:46:00
  i.e. you really get averages for the whole day, as expected. (I assume that the
  late start time in the example was due to PerfKit being activated only at 00:14.)

- I assume that when you wrote '.. all my reports start at 12:01:00 ..' you referred
  to the 'by time' logs you printed. Their headers tell you that the averages shown
  are also for the whole day, so they're based on the correct reset time, but the
  detail lines start only with the sample period ending at 12:01.
  This is working as designed: What you see is the effect of a documented restriction
  that only allows PerfKit to hold a maximum of 720 detail lines in its 'by time' log
  buffers, so when the chosen granularity for the logs is 1 minute you'll only see
  the detail lines for the last 12 hours (see description of the 'FC MONCOLL REDISP'
  command).
  To see detail lines for the whole 24 hours change the 'by time' interval to 2 minutes
  (FC SET BYTIME 2), or to any other higher value. If you always want to print
  logs for the whole day then I'd suggest to set the BYTIME interval to 10 or 15
  minutes. That way the output size is reduced to something more easily manageable.

Eginhard Jaeger