Something funny happened this last ipl of mvs. I got a dup vol name(on

differnet devices) pointing at my Z/VM-Linux guest dasd. The operators

replyed to one of them and MVS went alon it's merry way.
Now when I added the vols I went into the user directory and checked dasd

names allocated and there wasn't one there, anywhrere. And I also did a Q

dasd and it didn't show there either.
So now I'm confused so I list all dasd (q nnnn-nnnn) and I found some wei
rd
things there. It looks as if the person that set up the instances might

have named certain packs but never put them into the system. Here is a

snippet if a display:
63C3 CP SYSTEM LDTR01   1
63C4 CP SYSTEM LDML01   1
63C5 LDML02
63C6 CP SYSTEM LDMR01   1
63C7 LDMR02
63C8 CP SYSTEM LDPL01   1
63C9 LDPL02
63CA CP SYSTEM LDPR01   1
63CB LDPR02   ==>     this is the dup(also one on 6332)
I looks as if there are several devices in this mode .
So I want to cpfmtxa this guy. I guessing I can because it looks to me th
at
the dev was named(duh) but nerver brought online and definitely not added

to user direct.  From reading old posts I also guessing that Linux CANNOT

touch this device because it isn't listed as a minidisk. Well it is but n
ot
this one.
One more question. If there were 2 names in user direct and you processed

the file (diskmap and directxa) would it have beeen caught there??
I looking for opinions.

thanks
Mace