And then there's the latest name of the ISV providing Nomad2... "Select Business Solutions".
Now I ask you, who wouldn't want to work with "Select BS"?  And the (good) people I speak to there seem to enjoy the double entendre.

Mike Walter

Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"JimElliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]/              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

04/30/2006 07:21 PM

Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: New z9 models

> (I think the marketing people are going to sorely regret this
> new naming convention. It's just got too many comedy
> possibilities. )

David:

Given that no one in System z marketing is even old enough
to remember BC mode (i.e. S/360) and EC mode (i.e. S/370)...

Also, when we pointed out to TPTB that Global Business Services
(the new name for Business Consulting Services) had another
homourous meaning (i.e. Global BS) they were shocked and had
never even thought of the secondary meaning!

Jim

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.