 -----Original Message-----
From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
"JimElliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>"@D01AV01.POK.IBM.COM
Sent:   Sunday, April 30, 2006 5:22 PM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Re: New z9 models

> (I think the marketing people are going to sorely regret this
> new naming convention. It's just got too many comedy
> possibilities. )

David:

Given that no one in System z marketing is even old enough
to remember BC mode (i.e. S/360) and EC mode (i.e. S/370)...

Also, when we pointed out to TPTB that Global Business Services
(the new name for Business Consulting Services) had another
homourous meaning (i.e. Global BS) they were shocked and had
never even thought of the secondary meaning!

Jim