On 5/26/06, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Steve--I'm not on 5.2 yet, but the procedure that I've used for many years
is to save the execs or whatever you need on the 190 disk as filemode
2.  That's important.  Then using the SAMPNSS EXEC that typically is
shipped on the MAINT 493 disk, create a new NSS (Named Saved System)
skeleton by entering "SAMPNSS CMS".  At that point, having remembered to
relink 190 as RR, enter "I 190 CLEAR PARM SAVESYS CMS".  That will write
out the directory information for 190 and 19E in the new CMS NSS.  When you
IPL CMS, you'll be seeing the new execs.

You need to rebuild the CMS nucleus because the directory of the
S-disk is part of the nucleus. But you also need to be aware of
INSTSEG that holds copies of S-disk programs in storage. If you would
modify one of the programs on the S-disk it would not work. So to make
such changes you would need to log a local mod to the file, build it,
rebuild INSTSEG, etc.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij